Stimulate Protein Synthesis
Velositol, amylopectin chromium complex—a revolutionary ingredient that unleashes the power of protein: Unique benefits when combined with protein products, Novel 2g complex combines, Covered by issued and pending composition and use patents and Potential applications with protein products.
Muscle Protein Synthesis (MPS) builds muscle tissue after exercise
- MPS starts immediately after beginning exercise and can continue for as long as 48 hours
- MTOR is a cellular protein that plays a vital role in building lean body mass and when “turned on,” it stimulates MPS
- Intake of nutrients that enhance both essential amino acid and insulin levels during exercise are key to enhanced MPS and muscle growth
- Velositol is believed to enhance MPS via the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling pathway.
- This pathway is stimulated by insulin in the presence of adequate amino acids.
- Because chromium is known to enhance insulin sensitivity, Velositol combined with protein may further enhance mTOR signaling via improved insulin action.
- Important factors in mTOR signaling include mTOR, S6K1, and 4E-BP1.
- Whey protein plus exercise resulted in a non-significant increase in muscle protein synthesis
- Adding Velositol significantly increased muscle protein synthesis vs. baseline (p<0.001) and vs. Whey protein alone (p=0.045)
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device